We are open for bookings and adhering to government guidelines to ensure we make your stay as safe as possible. We are certified to open through Visit England’s ‘Good to Go‘ scheme and the AA’s COVID-19 Confident scheme.
Although Covid restrictions have been introduced in north-east England, these do not affect holiday accommodation such as ours, with a maximum occupancy of two guests per room. The number of cases in Northumberland itself also remains relatively low.
- Our self-catering studios are ideal for social-distancing, with contact-free check-in, a kitchenette, outside space, and no need to mingle with the hosts or other guests.
- Enhanced cleaning: besides our usual meticulous cleaning regime, we will be washing/sanitising all throws/cushions and disinfecting all touch surfaces. We have specialised disposable plastic covers for TV remotes and all books and maps in the rooms will be cycled so that the batch in your room would not have been touched for at least 72 hours. These are but a few of the measures we have taken. You are invited to review our full Covid-19 cleaning checklist.
- Food options: cafes and pubs on the island have reopened in a Covid-safe way, serving take-away food and socially-distanced dining, so there are food options even if you are in our ‘no frills’ twin room, or if you’d like to eat in your room in one of our two self catering studios.
- Book with confidence: we will refund you in full, if the government re-introduces lockdown and you are not allowed to travel for your stay.
- Worried about cancellation? Several insurers now provide reasonably priced staycation insurance, which includes cover if you have a Covid diagnosis, or your trip is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. We are not allowed to recommend a specific policy, but a quick search for “uk staycation insurance covid” will steer you in the right direction.
Belvue Guesthouse is ideal for those wishing to continue to exercise extra precautions.
Our studios are self-catering (with kitchenettes), so there are no communal breakfasts and no need to interact with other guests or the hosts. We already leave our guests to their own devices (unless they need us), but have also instigated contact-free check-in/check-out. Rooms are cleaned to an exacting standard, with extra sanitisation of surfaces and touch points such as handles and light switches. Your stay can be entirely independent, while enjoying everything this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty can offer. On sunny days you can have a coffee in our outside guest area, with socially distanced tables.
Book with confidence
As a matter of principle, we have refunded in full any guest who were not allowed to travel due to the government lockdown (unless they asked us to reschedule, which we appreciated). We will do so again, if such restrictions are re-introduced.
Self catering in our studio rooms
If you are staying in one of our two luxury self-catering studios, you can bring your own food, or order it online from Tesco or Asda, both of which deliver to Holy Island (please check lead times for deliveries). There are also three supermarkets within 20-25 minutes drive from Holy Island. The kitchenettes in our studios are great for light meals and include a kettle, microwave, fridge, toaster, coffee/tea and cutlery and crockery. The Post Office sells baked goods, bread and milk, and most cafes and restaurants on the island will be selling takeaway meals, which you can have in your room, or in our outside area, if the weather is nice.
Guests in our ‘no frills’ Pilgrim Room
If you are staying in our ‘no frills’ twin room, you will have your own kettle and drinks tray, as well as breakfast bars. Food providers on the island will be offering takeways and socially-distanced dining.
We have always practiced a ‘hands off’ approach. Once you’ve checked in, we leave you to your own devices. However, since re-opening, check-ins are conducted without the need for personal contact. We will get in touch before your arrival with details about how to access the property and where to find your key. You can leave your key in the key-return box when you check out. We’re still going to be around in case you need us, or if there are any issues at all.
Holy Island post-covid
Holy Island is a perfect UK staycation destination post Covid-19 lockdown. Rather than mix with the thousands of day visitors, those staying with us ‘on-island’ can wait until the tide comes in and cuts off the island from the mainland. Then you can enjoy the island’s beauty and tranquility without the crowds – and you’ll have the spectacular beaches and sights almost to yourself.
See our page about what’s open and what’s closed on Holy Island.