We take your privacy seriously. The following will tell you everything about how we handle your data.
Who we are
The data controller for this website is Belvue Guesthouse Holy Island, Chare Ends, Holy Island, Northumberland TD15 2SE, United Kingdom.
Cookies used on this site
We use the Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel services to measure the success of our website and how we can improve it. These services do not tell us who you are individually, and we only use them if you implicitly allow us to, in compliance with GDPR. We also use a cookie to tell us if you accepted or refused Google and Facebook Analytics cookies. It does not collect any information about you other than your choice.
Mailing list privacy
Details you provide to us when you sign up to our mailing list are stored on Mailchimp servers. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, which means it is compliant with EU and UK Data Protection standards. We use the list to tell you our news and to share discounts and promotions, and to send holiday best wishes. We will be careful not to send you too many messages. Don’t worry, we won’t spam you. You are able to unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
Data you provide to the website
We use 1&1 Internet to host this website. 1&1 is a European company, subject to EU and UK Data Protection legislation. This website uses a secure connection to provide further security when your browser connects with our site.
Data you provide when you book accommodation at Belvue Guesthouse, Holy Island
We use data you provide when booking accommodation to administer your booking, and to send you information regarding your booking. We may send you a greeting card for the holidays.
Payment information you provide
We will only use highly secure payment services, including PayPal and Stripe (our main payment provider). We will never store your personal and credit card details in an unsecured document.
Freetobook is booking software used by accommodation providers to enable their customers to make online bookings and manage those bookings.
This document applies to the processing by freetobook of personal data collected by properties using freetobook online booking system in relation to the provision of accommodation by those properties.
- Your Personal Data Properties using freetobook as their booking engine, collect and store information that you give when you make a booking. You are asked for your name, address, telephone number and email along with payment information and “the names of any guests travelling with you”. This may also include your IP address. This information is stored in the freetobook System in order to process your booking. You may be contacted by the Property you have booked with in relation to your booking.Your data is also stored after you have stayed but will be kept no longer than necessary in order to comply with legal obligations and for properties to welcome your repeat business.
- Data processed directly by third parties If you provide payment information, this will be processed directly by secure PCI Level 1 compliant payment gateway providers.
- Joint Controllers In the context of providing booking software to accommodation providers to facilitate online booking, freetobook and the accommodation provider shall together operate as joint data controllers for the processing of your personal data.
- Security Procedures In accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), freetobook observes reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and misuse of personal information. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard any personal information given to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
- Control of your Personal Data You have the right to access data that is stored on behalf of properties taking bookings via freetobook system. You need to email or write to the property you booked with to request an overview of your personal data.You can also contact the property you booked with on freetobook System if you believe that the personal information they have for you is incorrect, if you believe that they are no longer entitled to use your personal data or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about the Privacy Statement. You need to email or write to the property you booked with.
- Reviews You may also be asked to send feedback after your stay in order for the property to further improve their service. Your email address will be used for this purpose. If you complete a review it may be posted on the property website, facebook page, twitter or google plus. However, no identifying details will ever be attached to a review posting.To Process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:Performance of a contract. The storage of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with the accommodation provider you are booking with.Legitimate Interests.We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. These cookies are used only to help you make a smooth booking and contain information like the date searched and language of booking. There is a difference between session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies will only exist until you close your browser. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We use persistent cookies in Google Analytics to analyse visitor traffic and behaviour.